Street Transvestite Action Revolutionaries (STAR) 1970
wearing my “لوطي” (Looti) shirt…. which translates to mean a person of Lut, aka chazzz, aka queer, aka buttmuncherrrrrr
Why FCKH8 is NOT an Ally to the Queer Community
- That time they made fun of asexuality and diversity of the queer community in one fell swoop
- That time they became hypocrites about it to avoid being called acephobic (not to mention cissexist/ not trans* inclusive)
- That time they used misogyny to empower cis gay men, alienate lesbians, forget about bisexuality, and be cissexist about all forms of sexuality
- That time they stole ideas from queer charities to make a profit
- That time they stole ideas from bloggers to make a profit
- That time reviews show just how shitty they are at doing business anways
- That time they paralleled racial segregation to the gay rights movement because they are definitely the same thing
- That time they used stereotypes of Black women to render them into props
- That time they ignored gender neutral pronouns, cited religion as a reason for doing so, and harassed someone over it
- Basically all of the stuff folks are reporting on this tumblr I keep linking ya’ll to
They harass and disrespect people on their facebook page. They are actively cissexist, transphobic, asexual erasing, racist, sexist, and misogynist in order to sell shitty, overpriced t-shirts that they stole from charities.
So in other words, fuck fckh8.
(I understand that a lot of parodies of fckh8 have recently appeared on tumblr and other social network websites. As far as I am aware none of the links I have posted above are parodies, and are actually associated with fckh8.
If you notice any disparities, please let me know.)
friendly reminder that this is more reasons why you should not be a fan of fckh8 and the more i look at the tag the more bullshit by them appears
Even if [Thelma and Louise] was the most man-bashing movie ever made, saying, ‘let’s all of us women get guns and kill men’, it wouldn’t even begin to make up for the 99% of movies where the women are there to be caricatured as bimbos or to be skinned and decapitated. If you’re feeling threatened, you’re sympathizing with the wrong character.
Geena Davis (via charliebronsons)
if you’re feeling threatened, you are the wrong character.
A protest was held in New York City on Monday against incoming Mayor Bill de Blasio’s appointment of William Bratton as the next police commissioner.
Bratton returns to the job after leading the New York City Police Department in the mid-1990s, embracing a controversial strategy of cracking down on low-level offenses.
De Blasio campaigned on a promise to curb the NYPD’s controversial stop-and-frisk policy, but Bratton actually expanded the program while heading the Los Angeles police.
See video of the protest, and a random convo w/ Lewis Black about Bratton, here
more of the same
Don’t trust bros
Contribution de nosmo.
I ain’t about to be non-violent, honey.
Nina Simone, during a performance of “Mississippi Goddamn”
Page 1 of 202